Registered training organisations (RTOs) subject to a site audit by the national regulator, the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), continue to express satisfaction with the process.
ASQA today released the findings of the latest round of the survey, which invited RTOs that had a site audit finalised between 1 March 2015 and 30 June 2015 to have their say.
The following is a summary of the survey results across the five survey question categories:
1. Communication prior to the site visit
96% (or more) respondents reported it was clear:
- why the audit was being conducted
- which standards were to be audited
- who the members of the audit team were, and
- the audit duration and process.
2. The site visit
99% (or more) of the respondents reported:
- that the audit purpose, scope and process were discussed at the opening meeting
- their organisation had the opportunity to provide information about their organisation’s operations, and
- the auditor outlined the main observations and audit findings at the exit meeting.
95% of the respondents reported:
- their organisation was given sufficient opportunity to provide evidence during the audit; and
- they were informed of compliance issues as they were identified.
92% of the respondents who reported a change to the audit plan reported that their organisation was kept informed of the changes and the reason for the changes.
3. Audit team competencies
94% or more of the respondents agreed or strongly agreed that they found the audit team to be professional, well organised, knowledgeable and objective.
4. The audit report
88% (or more) of the respondents that indicated the audit report identified non-compliance reported that the audit report was clear and sufficiently detailed enable their organisation to understand any gaps and rectification requirements and it was clear when further evidence of compliance was due and how to provide it.
5. Transparency of the audit process
92% of respondents reported their organisation was very satisfied or satisfied with the fairness and transparency of the audit process
The next round of the Site Audit Surveys will start soon with providers that have had audits finalised between 1 July 2015 and 30 September 2015 to receive invitations.