The Training activity file (NAT00120), contains a record for each unit of competency or module undertaken by a student for their enrolment at your college during the calendar year or collection period. Whether they are commencing, finishing, continuing a competency or a module for that calendar year or collection period, they should be in this file.
Fields Added to this NAT File
- Training Organisation Identifier – This is the same RTO code which is already being printed in NAT00010 file.
- School Type Identifier – This field is present in the Edit AVETMISS screen. Below are the drop down options out of which you can select the appropriate one. This drop down only appears if ‘At School’ tick box is ticked.
21 – School – Goverment
25 – School – Catholic
27 – School – Independent
- Predominant Delivery Mode – Predominant delivery mode identifies which of the modes available in combination in the Delivery mode identifier field is the largest or only component of delivery for subject activity.
- Predominant delivery mode ‘I – Internal delivery’ indicates that internal delivery is specified as one of the values in the Delivery mode identifier data element and is the largest or only component.
- Predominant delivery mode ‘E – External delivery’ indicates that external delivery is specified as one of the values in the Delivery mode identifier data element and is the largest or only component.
- Predominant delivery mode ‘W – Workplace-based delivery’ indicates that workplace-based delivery is specified as one of the values in the Delivery mode identifier data element and is the largest or only component.
- Predominant delivery mode ‘N – Not applicable’ indicates recognition of prior learning or credit transfer and reported as ‘NNN’ in the Delivery mode identifier data element.
Change in the Existing Field
- Delivery Type – Earlier the delivery type field used to be 2 characters in length but now it has been changed to 3 characters in length. Delivery mode identifier identifies whether or not a subject comprises internal, external or workplace-based delivery – or a combination of these modes. Delivery mode identifier is a 3 character field composed of Ys and Ns that identifies the mode(s) of delivery of a unit of competency or module where each of the three positions indicates a type of delivery. The field comprises the following structure:
- Internal delivery (e.g. classroom-based, i.e. the first position in the field) is where the client and the trainer attend any permanent or semi-permanent training delivery location. This includes workshop, laboratory, simulator, and classroom-based training even when the training is delivered using video or internet links in real time.
- External delivery (e.g. online i.e. the second position in the field) is where the client does not primarily attend a physical delivery location but instead undertakes training in their own time and location using training materials that are provided online or by correspondence. The client does not usually have to undertake training at a particular time. This type of training is often referred to as self paced learning. Contact with the trainer is usually limited to feedback on submitted work.
- Workplace-based (i.e. the third position in the field) includes training activity conducted in the workplace whether it is conducted by the training organisation or the employer; for example, industrial/work experience, field placement, fully on-the-job training or structured workplace training delivered at a place of employment.
- Where a unit of competency or module is recognition of prior learning or credit transfer then all three values must be set to N.
Current NAT00120 File Format
New NAT00120 File Format